Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How to hold things together

There are many different ways in which we are connected to each other. Sometimes the bonds are strong, like superglue. Sometimes they are just being held on by a thread. Some bonds are stronger than others. Some are meant to survive. Others are made to be temporary. Your guess is as good as mine as to which ones will last.

I was thinking about how your first best friend can be a result of something as simple as a seating chart in Kindergarten based on alphabetical order. India's best friend is Isis. Part of me really hopes we stay in Sultan so I can watch this group of kids grow up and see who they all become. I may be the "weird" parent, but I am fascinated by the development of all these new personalities and how they are learning to form bonds.

No comments: